The Eat, Pray, Love for busy executives, Take Off Your Shoesinvites the reader to join a journey of self-rediscovery.
A hard-charging CEO of a large enterprise, Ben Feder discovers that he is losing the very things that sustained him over his years of business success. Unsettled by his insight and determined to rebuild family relationships and rejuvenate his sense of purpose, he risks his career on a life-altering physical and emotional journey. Together with his wife and children, Feder sets off for an exotic island on a self-prescribed sabbatical year. That experience transforms them all.
If 10% Happier made you more mindful, and Wild more adventuresome, Take Off Your Shoes will ground you and help you find your soul.
The writing is honest and moving, baring the author’s innermost struggles and fears, and enticing the reader to share his quest. As Feder navigates the thrills and pitfalls of his time away, he draws us into remarkable examinations of values and priorities in adult life.
The former CEO of Take Two Interactive, publisher of the monster-hit video game, Grand Theft Auto, Ben Feder’s hard charging, high-performance business life was seriously impacting his personal and family health. That’s when he made the bold, audacious, and potentially career-ending decision to travel with his family to Bali on an eight-month sabbatical.
- Deepened his connections to his wife and children
- Lost 20 pounds, moving his health stats from the red zone to normal levels
- Tackled life’s challenges in new ways, seeing differently through the practices of art and yoga
- Became a better father, offering his children a broader worldview and freeing them from unnecessary stressors, so they could engage, play, and create
- Gained a fresh perspective on corporate life that he applies daily, returning to his life in New York City a better, more thoughtful leader
Witty and wise, Take Off Your Shoes provides insightful guidance for anyone facing change, making a tough decision, or weighing a next step in life.